Are you embarking upon a big project at home or at your place of business that will create a ton of debris? We have an easy solution to prevent this clutter from ending up on your lawn. Rent a roll-off container where you can safely place all of your debris. Whether you’re using a dumpster for residential or commercial use, you will undoubtedly have a large number of items that will need to be discarded. These items may be anything from old doors and windows to hazardous chemicals and yard waste, to name a few. By following some simple dumpster safety protocol procedures, you can significantly reduce the risk of exposing yourself or someone else to electrical, chemical, or other dangers.
Basic Safety Suggestions:
- When loading your dumpster, make sure that items are evenly distributed throughout. This will help to ensure safety when the dumpster is picked up and transported for emptying.
- Never overfill your dumpster. This can create a fall hazard if debris is scattered on the ground. Also, keep in mind that there are some items that you should never put in a dumpster.
- It is imperative that you NEVER dump chemicals, hazardous materials, or biomedical waste in dumpsters. Contact your local roll- off rental service to inquire about safe disposal practices of these particular items.
- Always keep the area around the dumpster clear of waste, snow, or ice in order to help prevent anyone from falling.
- Always remember that there may be flammable materials inside of the dumpster, such as wood shavings or flammable fabrics.
- Make sure that you always keep a fire extinguisher close to the dumpster. In the unfortunate event that a fire occurs, never attempt to fight it yourself. Call the fire department immediately.
- Keep your dumpster covered when not in use, as to prevent any unwanted creatures from getting inside. However, if one should manage to sneak in, contact animal control immediately.
Always Protect Yourself And Others:
- It is always best to wear both thick gloves and protective eyewear anytime that you are putting waste into dumpsters, so that you are protecting yourself against anything that could harm you like sharp edges, splinters, etc.
- Ask for help when needed. Never attempt to lift extra heavy or bulky items by yourself, as you put yourself at risk for injury.
- Avoid lifting or tossing waste overhead, as this can potentially cause a painful shoulder injury. It is much safer to make use of the side door of the dumpster or make a platform available.
- When opening the door of the dumpster, always use two hands, and be aware of where you place them to avoid injury.
- Never stand on, jump into, or stick your hand or arm into a dumpster in order to retrieve something.
- Always stay well clear of dumpsters when they are being lifted and emptied.
Breeding Roll Off Service is committed to providing our customers with top-of-the-line products and unparalleled customer service. We offer roll-off containers for rent in three sizes to suit your needs: 20 yards, 30 yards, and 40 yards. We will always deliver and pick-up your roll-off container at a time that is most convenient for you, and we are always here to answer your questions and address your concerns. Safety is always a top priority for us, and we hope that you found these tips to be very helpful. Please call or visit us to schedule your dumpster rental today!